In this video, Continental’s Western and Eastern Brand Managers explain the features and technical specs on the new ContiTour and the classic looking ContiLegend cruiser tires. To supplement the video, this text will provide more details and facts about these tires.
The ContiTour and the ContiLegend have been specially designed for v-twin cruiser motorcycles. They incorporate an engineered carcass construction for easy handling, solid behavior and a high level of comfort. Another highlight of these tires is their wet performance. Thanks to a high performance pattern design in the ContiTour and a multi grooved pattern in the ContiLegend, these tires have a better drainage and a consistent performance throughout their lifetime. The ContiLegend is the classic looking tire. With its white sidewalls and precise tread pattern, it is sure to amp the look of any classic bike. On the other hand, the ContiTour is the more stealthy, its sporty performance tread pattern make it more of a handler than a looker when compared to the ContiLegend.
Lets now look how they compare to each other.
Continental Core Technologies implemented into the ContiTour:
MileagePlus: Features a compound that significantly extends mileage while maintaining exceptional handling.
WetTraction: Is a high performance pattern design for better drainage and traction when riding over wet conditions.
MaxComfort: Is a specially engineered carcass construction for solid behavior and maximum level of comfort.
- 20% better mileage thanks to MileagePlus compound technology and a rear tire tread design with a center tread groove “Backbone”.
- Two belts for more stability and better handling, this keeps the tread area stable and Three nylon plies + two nylon/aramid plies in the carcass for better stability and handling.
- Functional design with bigger grooves: front tire: 6 mm grooves; rear tire: 8-9 mm (depends on tire size).
Continental Core Technologies implemented into the ContiLegend:
- 10 % better mileage thanks to MileagePlus compound technology.
- Two belts for more stability and better handling, this keeps the tread area stable and three nylon plies + two nylon/aramid plies in the carcass for better stability and handling.
- Unique pattern design with white walls.