Why to get a pair of Continental ContiRoadAttack 4
The Continental ContiRoadAttack 4 is the latest addition to the range of tires of the German brand. It has an updated design that stands out from its competitors in the traditional requirements of the Sport-Touring segment: mileage, comfort, stability and wet grip. As if that were not enough, engineers have also worked to incorporate into these tires the performance of supersport tires.
This combination of capabilities has forced Continental to create a new segment capable of classifying the ContiRoadAttack 4: Hyper-touring. If you haven’t tried them yet, today we give you seven reasons to do so.
1. Expertise: 4th Generation of Development
The ContiRoadAttack 4 is the fourth generation of a saga that has been evolving for more than 15 years. The first ContiRoadAttack was launched in 2005. From the very beginning, Continental bet everything on this line by incorporating the ZeroDegree stabilizing belt technology. In 2010 the ContiRoadAttack 2 acquired major advances such as TractionSkin and MultiGrip, achieving more safety and durability. In 2013, the ContiRoadAttack 2 EVO also added the specific wet handling compound RainGrip, and in 2017 the later multiple test winner ContiRoadAttack 3 was introduced, the latter expanding its technological payload by adapting the EasyHandling contours and improved handling.
The new ContiRoadAttack 4 brings together all the work that the engineers at the Korbach plant have been working on for 17 years. But not only that, Continental has also developed the tires taking into account feedback from users who have chosen the ContiRoadAttack range to fit their bikes. This new tire has been especially improved in rain and sports performance.
2. Advanced technology applied
In order to achieve the performance of the ContiRoadAttak 4, it has been necessary to apply the most advanced technologies developed by Continental:
- TractionSkin: prevents the tire from “skidding” when it is freshly installed. Promotes quick break-in with it’s “micro-rough” tread surface, thus making it the safest tire from the start.
- MultiGrip: A harder central tread and a softer shoulder is achieved in the vulcanization proccess for a longer wearing tire with extraordinary cornering grip.
- ZeroDegree: this technology optimizes impact absorption and guarantees the user extreme stability at high speeds.
- RainGrip: This exclusive Continental compound gives the tire more grip on wet or slippery surfaces, also increasing mileage.
- EasyHandling: This technology allows the tire to have linear handling even in curves. At the same time, precision and surface feel are improved to the point of making the tire featuring this technology a benchmark.
- GripLimitFeedback: ensures that riders can better feel the tire’s performance by transmitting more faithful sensations during extreme lean angles. In critical situations, it is essential for the rider to receive tire feedback at an early stage to achieve a higher level of control at the limit.
3. Developed and made in Germany
ContiRoadAttack 4 are developed and manufactured at the German factory in Korbach, the famous ContiDrom development center, and tested on the fast German autobahns. Continental designs, produces and tests many of its premium tires at its plant in Germany. It is the site of Continental’s Engineering Center, with more than 1,000 scientists, designers and engineers who are dedicated to inventing, developing and testing in search of the best performance.
4. Maximum versatility
While a pure sports tire offers faster warm-up times and better grip, its durability remains limited. On the other hand, a touring tire offers a long service life from the outset. Due to technological advances, touring tires increasingly offer more and more sporty riding performance, as exemplified by the ContiRoadAttack 4. These tires are capable of combining all these features to achieve the best performance in both cases, placing them in the new Hyper-touring segment. In short, the ContiRoadAttack 4 are ideal for those who want to go out for a quiet ride, as well as for those who want to go out of curves and go as fast as they can. And why not? Even for those who dare to go on a circuit to have a good time.
5. One point to highlight: durability
As we explained earlier, tires designed for sporty riding often sacrifice durability. However, if there is one thing that stands out among all the features of the ContiRoadAttack 4, it is its mileage, which can be compared to that offered by pure touring tires.
6. Suitable for a wide range of motorcycle types.
Continental has demonstrated with the ContiRoadAttack 4 that there is no segment that can resist it, being able to fit with the same tire both high-capacity and powerful motorcycles as well as smaller and warrior sport or sport-touring bikes. The new tires are suitable for naked bikes for urban use and fast roads as well as for road models or those designed for weekend cornering.
The road performance of the ContiRoadAttack 4 is perfect for all current motorcycles, including sport models, performing at the same level as sport tires.
7. Created with today’s electronics in mind.
And how is it possible that the same rubber is able to fit so well on so many different motorcycles? By applying the right technologies. In recent years we have seen how electronics are advancing, motorcycles are becoming more and more powerful and capable of pushing the rider to the limit. That’s why the tires that fit them must evolve at the same pace and be able to incorporate the necessary technology to keep up with them.
The ContiRoadAttack 4 tires have been developed to adapt to models with ABS, working in conjunction with the rest of the bike’s parts. Their compound has been optimized to better adapt to braking situations, thus seeking a plus of safety for the rider.